Friday, August 22, 2014

Benny ballgame

Benny played coach pitch baseball this summer on the county league. We couldn't find a team for Max. It's strange; it feels like there are plenty of these beginner teams, and then there are private, more expensive leagues, but nothing in between.

I think Benny could have done well with a bit more of a challenge, but maybe I'm biased. It's always good to freshen up those skills.




While Benny played, we had fun in the nice weather on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings.








Some of the team:


Our slugger.

 
Here's a little bit from the last game. By this time, Max was playing catcher as the coach pitched the ball.  Benny goes for a high one, and hits it ("Lay off the high ones." "I like the high ones." "Nag!")
 
Then Andrew video-bombs.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Andrew's squinty smile melts my heart!