Friday, November 30, 2012

The town crier

I don't think many people, at least at church, check blogs anymore.  One still does; she said congratulations at church to me for my pregnancy news that I posted on here last week.

As I was smiling and saying thanks, all of a sudden 4 other women were right there surrounding me. "What's this?! You're pregnant? How exciting!"  I swear they came out of nowhere. I think women have a radar for this kind of news.  One said she suspected after I pinned something on Pinterest. and she thought she saw me discreetly spitting.  We really are a gossiping, wondering bunch, aren't we?

We told our boys last week at the 12 week mark.  Max squealed and danced, Benny immediately drew a picture of a baby, and Andrew kept playing with his trains ("What are those big ones all talking about? Oh well. Choo Choo!").

Now Max has taken it upon himself to tell anyone and everyone he sees. His teachers, his friends, people in the store....  We take a walk around the neighborhood each day, and three or four times in the past week we have run into someone we know in their yard or walking from their car to their home -- each time he practically yells our news.  It's different every time:

"We're having a BABY!"

"My mom is PREGNANT!"

"There's a baby IN THERE!"

No hello first, no howdoyado.

Oh well, it makes it easier to let people know without bringing it up in conversation.  And ye olde bigger pants have come out, so I'm sure more people would have been questioning soon. That and the spit. I get so tired of chewing gum.

4 comments:

kevin said...

Congratulations. I check your blog sometimes. I like your funny stories and I like hearing about our old neighborhood.

Kevin Spencer

Cloe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cloe said...

Congrats Mary!! Your boys are so adorable, I can't wait to see what the next one looks like. And yay for the 12 week mark. That is the part that seems to go the slowest for me when I'm pregnant. So cute about Max announcing it to the world. :)

Rachelle said...

I am an avid blog-checker. It's cute to hear how Max is already a proud big brother, again. I'll be thinking pink thoughts for you!