Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fugal 182 reunion!

On Saturday my freshman year BYU rooommates and I got together for the first time in years. I can't believe how quickly it all came together -- and I can't believe how wonderful it was to see these amazing gals again. We were only missing Lexie (and missed her very much!). But she now lives in Denver with her family, so we hope to all get together again when she visits Utah.

Back row: Me, Allyson. Front row: Kelly, Jodi, Barbara.


We met at Allyson's house, and she was so nice to host us with all of our children. And we have multiplied! Just think if Lexie were in this picture, too, with her 4 children. Jodi has 4, I have 3, Barbara has 3 (4 in May!), Kelly has 2 and Allyson has 2. Beautiful, beautiful families. And great husbands, though they are not in the picture. They were the photographers.





Andrew also liked Allyson's backyard swing by the way.


The kids all got along and played like crazy. It was hard to leave at the end of the night. I just couldn't have asked for better roommates for my first year of college. They helped me grow and learn and laugh and just blossom.

We read some predictions we all made that year. They were so darn funny. I wish I could go back to my 18-year-old self and tell her, "Don't worry! It will all turn out so great!"

Until next time, ladies.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I hope you gave Jodi a great big hug from me. Miss that smile!

Sabrina said...

Freshman friends are the best! That looked so great. And I think Barbara lived in either Santa Barbara ward with me or a Park Place ward before that.... How funny and small the BYU world is.

Suz said...

Andrew looks so cute. He was really having the time of his life. I also love the advice you would have given your 18 year old self.

Jared and Allyson said...

That was so much fun, Mary, and it was so good to see you in person again! You're beautiful inside and out. We love your hubby and kids too. What an awesome family you have! Love you!

Lexie said...

OH, so fun to see the pictures of you beautiful ladies and your darling children. I wish I could have been there too, but if you ever want to take a road trip to Colorado....It almost made me cry to see all of you with your beautiful kiddos - if only Lavina Fugal knew what she started. I am so grateful we all got to room together and make such fun memories and now I'm wondering what the 18 year-old me predicted, probably not that I'd be the only one living outside of Utah! Love you Mary!