I took Andrew back to the doctor to check on his ear infection. The right ear is improving, but now the left ear is infected. I feel so bad for him! Poor baby.
He's also still congested, and sounds like he's purring sometimes. His doctor doesn't like to see ear infections in a baby this young (he's 12 weeks old on Saturday). We have to go back again in two weeks for another check. The Dr says it could be from his stuffed up nose, or it could be an allergy. But if it doesn't clear up Andrew may have to go to an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist, and maybe we would have to get tubes put in. Gulp.
We have another round of antibiotics now for him to take morning and night. I have to tilt his head back, and slowly drip it into the back of his throat, then rub his neck so he swallows and doesn't push it back out with his tongue. It's quite the ordeal.
But the good news is he is otherwise healthy and smiles and coos and nurses just fine. He's now 15 pounds 5 ounces, meaning in 2 weeks he gained 13 ounces!
Update #2
He's doing great in his own crib. I will admit I cried a little the first night he wasn't in the bassinet, but he has been sleeping 6 hours in a row across the hall. I put a humidifier in there and I really think it's helping him. JB is sleeping again, which he needs.
The ears however are messing up my attempts to teach Andrew to fall asleep on his own. If I lay him down and he cries, I quickly scoop him up again because I'm not sure if his ears are bothering him.
Update #3
It snowed again earlier this week. Lame. But it's melting fast and we have beautiful blue skies. The kindergarten teachers called with a recorded message saying "Today will be a snow day." Being from Missouri, I thought for a second they must have canceled school or something. Then the message continued, saying for the kids to bring their sleds and snow boots because for recess they were going to go sledding. Oh, that kind of snow day! They never cancel school in Utah I have found.
Max had a blast. He rushed to school and the kids all quickly compared sleds and chattered away about their big day ahead. His poor teacher is a saint, because when Max gets excited, he gets loud. Very loud.
4 comments:
This picture is so cute of Andrew...he is getting so big. I was just looking at our pictures from the day he was born.
I love that Max had a snow day. I love when he gets excited and loud too.
Mary! i'm so sad about Andrew...i am TOTALLY going through that with Van! Except its even more sad for little baby Drew Drew cause he still little! Van has been sick since Thursday with cough and fever and i went to the doc twice and they didn't give me antibiotics for his ears, then i went to the ER cause he couldn't breathe the other night and sure enough, he has bronchitis and an ear infection poor thing! Its so much better now, but i hear ya about messing up their habits...i TOTALLY pick up van every time he cries cause i feel so bad! I hope Andrew gets better fast and will pray he doesn't need tubes! hopefully our babes heal fast so we can hang out! especially since its getting so warm...
Does Andrew look surprised when you give him the cold antibiotic? Even though Brynna has been getting amoxicillian day and night since birth, she still looks surprised every time we give her her meds. Guess it's so different from warm breast milk... Hope Drew feels better soon!
I love that they got to take sleds to school, that is pretty cool. Here they cancel school for a skiff, or sometimes even for heavy rain! Being from Utah, it totally makes me laugh.
Post a Comment