Anyway Max, Benny and I spent four days without daddy. I don't know how people go any longer than that. We missed him! I tried to have a highlight or new activity or something different every day, and that helped us get through.
Friday
Eating olives off fingertips.
SaturdayA church activity in the morning, playing with Roger and Katie in the afternoon, then going to see my grandma and other relatives at a yummy potluck dinner at (I think) my mom's cousin's house.
Sunday
Church by ourselves, but we are used to this. JB's calling on the Stake High Council means that just about every Sunday he has to go to another ward's meetings and sit on their stand. Looking all handsome I'm sure.
Then we had dinner at Nona's house, without Papa, but with cousins and Aunt Sarah and Uncle Joe. Then we had a sleepover there, so Nona could be with the boys while I went to work early early Monday morning. Max was excited that Nona was taking him to kindergarten. He either wanted to show her off, or show off our Honda Pilot that she drove that day.
Monday
Using a coupon for a free ice cream cone Max got at school for reading.

But we left his jacket there. I just about cried when I realized I would have to haul my (big, pregnant) weary bones back to Arctic Circle. But we made it.
JB got back around midnight, and the boys greeted him with rapture this morning. We missed his tickles, kisses, snuggles, and amazing dinners (see the olive picture above for my attempt at a meal). I also missed his standing-in as a punching bag for my two boys who suddenly LOVE "Kung Fu Panda."
2 comments:
what a fun way to make the time pass! so glad jb is home again, though!
that means I did see JB at the game! I walked right past him and thought - hey, that looks like . . . but didn't stop since we were in a rush to get some food before the game. Too bad I didn't take a second look and say hello!
Oh, and I don't want to talk about the game either :(
Post a Comment