Sunday, November 7, 2010

Could I bend your ear for a tick?

I get a lot of questions lately about how I'm feeling, now that I'm just about 33 weeks pregnant. But I may just be misinterpreting the generic "Hi how are you?" greeting. I usually give a longer answer than the standard "I'm fine, how are you?"

I like to say a pregnant woman can always complain. Here's what my doctor says is fine to complain about (because there's not much to do about it!)


My Spituation
I'm still a free-flowing camel/llama/baseball player. But in the last two months I have found a great way to deal with all the extra spit. I chew on tiny pieces of mint gum all day long. I break a stick of gum into probably sixths or even smaller. Somehow the mint or the chewing either dries out my mouth or helps me swallow better. But it still wakes me up at night, and I have to sleep on a towel. I went to the dentist recently for a checkup, and wanted to take "Mr Thirsty" home with me.

Heartburn
It's mostly in the evenings and handled by Tums, but lately even the mornings have been fire-y. Milk helps then. Chocolate milk even better. But regular chocolate and I have broken up for the time being. "It's not you, it's me," I cried.

Sciatica
My right hip hurts. I like to slap it like Maria does on "The Sound of Music." You know, when she sits on the pine cone at the dinner table then blames rheumatism for jumping up in pain? My whole body pillow helps a lot at night. Unless JB accidentally steals it in his sleep. I love that pillow so much I want to name this baby after it.

A name
I went back and forth between two names for several months, but in the last 2 months or so we've really liked another name. All I'll say is that on the way to work this week, a James Taylor song came on the radio and this little guy started to really move. Either it's a message about his name or he was trying to tell his momma that "Winter spring summer or fall, all you got to do is call."

Despite the complaining, this stage is fun. I love to feel the kicks, wiggles and movements. I like the attention my tummy gets, and I can't wait to see this little guy in all his newborn sweetness.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yay for being almost done! I'm excited for you. Every preggo mamma that I know who delivers gets me that much closer to my turn!

autumn said...

Heartburn is the worse! It makes it so I can't eat for like five minutes. Boo.

I'm so happy you're so far along. I'm excited to get the final decision on the name.

Hang it there! You're almost there!

Bekah said...

Aaaaaw... I love James Taylor. Have you heard this one?

Mary said...

If I had heard "Sweet Baby James" driving I may have had to pull over. I'm all goosebumpy.

Jared and Allyson said...

Wow! It sure does sound like pregnancy has it's downsides, but it sounds like you're dealing with it all marvelously well. It will be so much fun to meet your new little guy and see what name you guys end up picking for him. Good luck these last couple months.