Friday:
Doing a story on the Casual Blogger Conference in Sandy. Everyone in my Google reader was there. With homemade fabric flowers in their hair and fancy camera straps.
Interviewing a family who came here a few years ago from a Thailand refugee camp for a future in-depth piece on refugees in Utah. Being offered food, drink, and beautiful friendship.
The weekend:
Sleeping in until 7, sometimes 7:30 every day (sooooo nice).
Catching up on recorded TV shows (goodbye "American Idol," I half-heartedly watched you anyway. Hello "So You Think You Can Dance").
Walks around the neighborhood in the little red wagon. Stopping to play with the neighbors' tetherball in their front yard. Fighting over the tetherball. Benny accidentally bonked in the head. Cuddles.
JB's little brother Jeff coming to visit. With a trailer attached to his truck. He parked it in our driveway to get it off the street. Max begs to climb on it every day. Every day.
Monday:
Going to Lagoon right when it opened (best time).
Watching Max take special care of Benny at Lagoon. He always made sure Benny was buckled in, even though the ride attendant came around too.
Going on the bumper cars twice so that at least one of my boys wouldn't get stuck in the corner the whole time.
Hearing about others' trips to cemeteries (I should really do that myself).
Family over for dinner in our backyard with the flowering snowball bush.
JB's smoked BBQ chicken for dinner.
Pauline's delicious homemade raspberry ice cream in a cup. The first time JB and I talked (7 years ago this spring!) was at a barbecue party at his house for a mutual friend. We chatted while eating his mom's homemade raspberry ice cream in a cup. Probably the same red Costco cups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Mar-I have to talk to you soon-wait tonight.
They re-use their costco cups? and for 7 years?!
Ha ha Joe. Come back from Texas and I'll show you.
ahem, I am hoping I'm still in your Reader and I was not at this blogger conference :)
Post a Comment