Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Aw shucks


Recently the Society of Professional Journalists held their annual banquet, and I won 4 awards! Here I am holding my 3 first place trophies. I also got a certificate for a 2nd place award.

I have won 2nd place once in a while over the years, but never first place. I was quite surprised.

I won:
Best Government Reporting for Herbert Inaguration.

Best Military Reporting for Principal Deployed.

Best Education Reporting for my 2 part series on Cutting the Cost of College.

I won the second place for Education Reporting as well, for a piece I did on school technology but I can't find that link. Not that I expect you to click on each link and listen to me but if you wanted to.....

11 comments:

The Joe said...

um, I did. And then I saw the disclaimer at the end. Congratulations. that is awesome!

Sarah Preston said...

I am so proud of you!

autumn said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work. You certainly deserve them.

Amanda said...

:) That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can I start telling people that I knew you way back when? :P

Rachelle said...

Congrats!!! I'm glad that you have been acknowledged for your amazing work! And you're an amazing mom, too. No mom ever gets enough acknowledgment for *that* tough job!

Alyssa said...

Congratulations!!

Andy and Kimi said...

Congrats!! That's so great.

Lexie said...

Congratulations, you are seriously amazing, way to go!

Angelle said...

Wow, so impressed, but not at all surprised!

katie b. p. said...

YOU ARE THE COOLEST!