Thursday, January 21, 2010

Destination Haiti

Just so you know, all my friends in blogger-land, I am going to Haiti tomorrow. I'm coming back tomorrow too.

Little nervous, very excited.

Our Air Force Reservists are heading there and they invited the media along. I got word about 2 hours ago. I'm told we will be at the airport for a couple hours then fly back.

I'm also told to get anti-malaria medication but I have not been able to find any of it this time of night so cross fingers I'll be fine.

Anyway, I will be reporting for my radio station but I hope to talk a little about the experience here in the coming days.

I just kissed my boys good night and told them I would be back tomorrow night after they are asleep.

Think of me!

8 comments:

merebuff said...

Wow Mary, you international correspondant, you. I'd say "have fun" but that doesn't seem exactly right. Can't wait to hear about it!

JoLynn said...

Mar I hope you find the medication! Yikes I don't need you and Nancy both sick. You will do a great job.

Alyssa said...

Best of luck, I look forward to hearing a first hand account when you return.

Amanda said...

Mary-- Best of luck over there! :) your awesome!

Andrea said...

Good luck. We have a friend that is a missionary there so he has been sending updates and pics. I can't imagine being there first hand.

Sarah Preston said...

I want to hear and see pictures

Lexie said...

Wow, what a neat experience. I hope it was amazing and safe (no malaria!). It is such a tragedy and I am so interested to hear more of your coverage there.

Angelle said...

That is super cool, Mary! I will be glued to the radio to hear your report! Be safe!