
I'm turning 30 in five months. I think it's on my mind.
I dreamed this week someone asked me if I was going to serve a church mission next year. I said, "Well, I'm 30 this year, not 21...."
My age was more top of mind than the fact that, oh, I'm married and have two children.
I think there's just something about turning 30 no matter what your situation in life. I hear 50 is hard too, but what about other decade-markers? I don't see much difference between 70 and 90. Maybe I'll still be blogging and can lament about entering my 80s.
Perhaps because I seem to be aware that I am getting "OLDER," I try to be all youthful with the young women at church. I've blogged about this before, but here's another incident. On Wednesday we played Jeopardy. I was only supposed to be scorekeeper and let the girls play. Instead, I whispered answers, teased other teams and contested the questions. Jeez.
3 comments:
I thought being 29 was so much worse than 30 (and beyond) because there was what everyone calls a HUGE milestone ahead at the BIG 3-0. And then nothing happened. I didn't feel any different. I am not even sure I look much different. My fast metabolism decided to stay behind in my 20s but for all the hype. The 30s are not so bad, it is the anticipation of doom that sucks.
I had a much harder time turning 31. When I turned 30, I was just 30. But when I hit 31, I was IN my 30's. Now I'll be 33 this year and I might be used to it.
Wait until you are sitting in the doctor's office and they ask you how old you are. That happened to me this past week and I had to think and unfortunately was reminded I'm 32. Oh well, I'm grateful I'm in my 30's. I think the BIG 40 will be oh so painful.
Post a Comment