Thursday, July 3, 2008

Staying cool

We've found a nice way to cool the Max down after playing outside.
When I was really young my sister Bekah and brother Joe and I would play in buckets of water. I did this last summer with Max, but couldn't find a bucket big enough this week. Instead, I found a storage bin in the garage and filled it with water. Before I could get a swimsuit on him he had stripped down to his birthday suit and hopped in to his new pool. Except I think he thinks it's more of a bathtub. He calls the outdoor faucet a shower, and asked JB yesterday if he could take a shower outside. Brace yourself for another cute picture:Ben didn't like it as much. I took him out to warm up.

Who needs to buy a wading pool, right?

2 comments:

Jacks said...

Thanks for the idea. Who needs a pool indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, the boys are so cute. Douglas learned the word "pool" and wants to go every day. We have a little one in the backyard and that appeases him most days. But, anytime we leave the house, he thinks we are going to go to the pool. His other favorite thing is just playing with the hose. Of course, when he says the word, all that comes out is "ho" So my little guy runs around saying, "ho, ho."We gotta work on that one.