It has not been a good day. My sister Bekah had thyroid surgery where she lives and I've been worried about her all day. She's going to hate that I've mentioned this but I just can't stop thinking of her. My Aunt Carole flew to be with her and called me with updates, saying it went fine and she's fine. Bekah called me too and she sounded upbeat. But you know, I wish I was there. My excuses are that I have a nursing baby and few vacation days at work, but I wish I'd figured something out.
Other things have been awful today. My baby Ben fell off a bed and banged his nose up (he looks like Rudolph). Max has a bad cold (he also looks like Rudolph) and did not nap for the third day in a row, meaning I did not nap very well. JB was in St George, and my parents and siblings are driving across the country as I type this. My dad was transferred back to Missouri so that's where they are moving.
I've been worried about Bekah, Ben, Max, JB and my family. I just have the worst imagination that jumps to awful scenarios. That's not the way to live, so tonight I'm shaking off those doldrums by tucking the boys in early, eating some chocolate ice cream, cuddling under a quilt, watching "Last Comic Standing" and going to bed early. It's already helping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
DO IT!!!! We all need to put the kids to bed early sometimes. Although for me that doesn't work. Darn. Sorry about all the stress. That is never fun. Good luck with everything.
I hope Bekah is doing well. It's a pretty fast recovery, except for at first when you turn your head fast without thinking - ouch! Seriously though, I pray for the best for her! Surgery is never fun.
Post a Comment