Sunday, October 10, 2021

College football

The fall is such a great season, because college football is back!  And that means we are back in the stands, cheering as loudly as possible.

JB and his dad have U season tickets again, and are grateful for Utah home games being back this year. I like how we live close to their stadium, and it isn't hard to get them there or back if I need to give them a ride or help drop off the car for afterward.  



This was the first home game in early September, when they had a rain and lightning delay. JB took a picture of the rainbow over Rice-Eccles Stadium.


BYU's communications department gave me two tickets to the BYU-Utah game as a thank you for all my coverage this past year. I took Ben with me to LaVell Edwards Stadium.  This was on September 11th. The F-35 flyover and the huge American flag and other remembrances were very moving. It was also great to beat the Utes after nine straight losses.




It rained a little.



Then the next home game, our friends had an extra ticket and Ben got to go with his friend Quinn.



Yesterday, my brother Joe had four great seats to that game, and I took Andrew down with me. It rained a lot. Andrew and Kaylee were such troopers. 




But then I made the mistake of waiting too long to leave the stadium, hoping for a last-second miracle. And we didn't get home for almost two hours. Andrew never complained. It was really nice to have one-on-one time with the middle child!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

College football is my fav!!! I love that you've been able to see so many games in person with your family.