Max got his driver license in August! He worked hard to get practice hours and be really careful behind the wheel. During his driver's ed class, he would often tell me when I did a rolling stop or cut the corner on a left turn. He liked to see if he could drive me to any errands.
We were all excited about his new license, until I called USAA to add him to the car insurance. Woof, our bill more than doubled. And that is even with the good grades discount. If he stays safe for a year, our rate comes down.
But such is life. And once the insurance kicked in, he took his first solo drive.

He mainly drives to golf practice after school at the golf course a few neighborhoods away. But I think once or twice he has also driven to go get food. Because he is a very hungry tall teenager all the time.
Our stake president told a story in Stake Conference about having a teen driver, and how he sometimes walks outside to go somewhere and his car is not there but no one told him.. Well, the other day I drove somewhere and Max texted me upset that I had taken the car and hadn't told him. I laughed a lot.
This is fun!

1 comment:
You have arrived!!!! This is the very best parenting milestone, IMO. So happy for your family and for Max!
Post a Comment