We had a big Sunday this month.
First, Max and Ben moved up to Priest and Teacher in the Aaronic Priesthood at church
Nona and Papa came for their ordination. The next Sunday (yesterday), Max blessed the sacrament for the first time and Ben helped prepare. I am proud of these boys who make sure we are there early every Sunday, and who stay after to help cleanup.
After our morning meeting, JB and I went over to his ward in the Avenues to meet with the stake president first, then to attend a joint meeting of two singles wards. His bishopric was released as the two wards combined.
Bishop Gifford was in our stake presidency when JB was called to be bishop of our ward in 2013. What a great man. And Brother Sanders is incredible. I will miss their wives, too.
When JB was called in early December 2019, they said it would only be for a few months. But the pandemic kept them in the calling longer than expected. It also changed when and how we could meet with that ward. I didn't get to go as often as I had hoped, but I am grateful for seeing a different side of the gospel. There are many young adults doing their best with faith in an uncertain world.
I made these handkerchiefs for Lisa and Jane.
We bore our testimonies and I expressed how I have learned again to say yes to hard things. It helps you grow. And God knows us personally. The kids watched the Zoom at home on the computer.
Then, once that was all over, I went with James to the 2021 stake baptismal fireside for kids turning eight. He was asked to give a short talk.
This was a hard thing for him, but he was really brave. We practiced before, and talked over his fears. That's the screenshot from the family watching on Zoom back home. He turns eight in June!
Yesterday Sunday, James kept asking why dad was home. "Doesn't he have his church to go to?" Not any more!
(*pictures taken quickly outside w/o masks and then masks put back on)

No comments:
Post a Comment