I am really glad to keep traditions going during the pandemic. Traditions and rituals keep children sane. It helps their mental health when everything else is so uncertain.
Millie was Sleeping Beauty from the dress-up bin, Andrew was Cal Kestis from the Jedi Fallen Order (he had to keep reminding me) (and the fabric came from cousin Aaron's birthday party last year), Ben was a multi-sport fan (that's my Cardinals jersey from high school), and James went back and forth before deciding on Spider-Man from our bin.
We went trick or treating and felt completely safe. To make sure others felt safe, too, we all wore face masks and I had hand sanitizer in the stroller. Some homes were dark and undecorated or had a message to skip them. Many homes had a bowl of candy out or a table out with packaged treats. We knew of a couple homes where they said we could ring the doorbell. Two neighbors who skipped still had some treats they brought by our house for the kids. They were so nice to do that, because these kids had huge bags of candy.
I've been picking up wrappers for days. I saw a post online that said if you want to take from your kids' stash, leave the wrapper behind. They'll think they ate it because they never throw those away.
Max is not in any of our Halloween pictures, but he got to see a couple friends that day and I'm glad.
And Millie carried that skull with us. She has tried to put it inside a dress, too, and call it her friend.






1 comment:
Millie and Anna and would get along well with their mutual love of skulls! Those giant smiles are winners!
Post a Comment