Sunday, August 2, 2020

My birthday and the hot springs

Finally we got to go to the hot springs on the 24th of July that we tried on the 4th of July. I wrote to them about our bad experience and they sent us passes. And we had a great time!

It's great when the boys get brave and go down water slides over and over.


They loved the hot pools




And fought (played?) in the cooler pools.



I convinced Millie to try the slide on my lap, but my feet slipped out from under me at the bottom. Here I am holding her up out of the water as I try to regain my balance.


She didn't want to go down again.


The next day was my birthday. It is fun to live in Utah with your birthday by a state holiday.  It is also fun to be in the primary presidency. All year I've been taking my turn to sneak into front yards to put in these signs. And on my birthday I got one!



I had a great birthday. I'm wearing in these pictures one of my new shirts. JB and I went to Lone Star Taqueria drive through for lunch but  couldn't sit at the restaurant because of the pandemic. ISo we went to the same park where I've met my BYU roommates over the years, but it was empty because of the pandemic too, I guess. 



I've spent the last week crying or having my eye twitching, because of the stress and anxiety and worries of my children's education. Our school district decided to do remote learning only, so I'm trying to get them in other schools where they can be in class. I changed schools every 1-3 years growing up as my parents moved. I only wanted stability for my children. I worry about them falling behind, about their friendships, about their own fears, etc etc.  At the same time the nation and our city seems to be going crazy.  I also am immersed every day in doing stories as a reporter on these very topics that keep me up at night as a parent. 

I am fasting today that we can go back to church and school and the temple full-time soon.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Happy birthday!!! And I feel you, Momma. I want my kids in school so badly!