Thursday, August 20, 2020

It's so hot

 

Boy, were we grateful to hear from an old friend inviting us to use their backyard pool in these triple-digit temperatures. We went on a Friday evening and had it to ourselves. 




Max and Ben shooting hoops


I also fill up our backyard kiddie pool, and it's Millie's favorite. Especially if daddy comes out to sit and soak with her. (James and Andrew boys beg for it, then splash for a second, squeal "HE'S GETTING ME WET!" and stomp back inside.)




Sometimes I take these littles on a walk around the block and stay under shady trees


The boys rigged up a swing in our back yard.


Millie is <kind of> trying out the Strider bike. We should probably help her fix the helmet and wear it the right way.



We try to get the kids outside in the morning to be active before the heat of the day. One morning we shoved everyone outside at 8AM, and it was 75 or 80 degrees and Millie asked for a jacket.  

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

It has been so hot here too! I went out for a walk with a friend this morning at 7:00. I was drenched by the time we got back an hour later. Our public health order mandates a mask when outside, and I was pleasantly surprised that I could run our hills without feeling deprived of oxygen. (Credit goes to the engaging conversation my friend offered!) Needless to say, that mask went straight into the laundry. It felt like I had run it under the faucet. Gross! Bring on the fall...