This is something we've thought about for many years. No turning back now!
Here we are last week, packing it all up. That's why the counters are crowded, I was trying to sort things.
And then my brother Peter came on Saturday and helped move heavy stuff around.
Then the crews began Monday tearing out cabinets and taking up the tile floor.
Behind the pantry was the chimney box. It went from the laundry room all the way up through the house and out the roof.
That came out this week, too, piece by piece!
Here it was after the chimney came out. (We have one little cupboard over the hole that we saved to store some food and the microwave and toaster on top. It moves around the house as needed)
The holes got patched up. Then in went a beam into the ceiling, and out came the studs the next day.
Today the electrician has been here. It's moving along!
I love how open it is now, even with plastic covering blocking off our living room from all the dust
(SO MUCH DUST).
Even our laundry room looks so much more open without the chimney block there in the way.
Cross your fingers for us that the work can stay on time and under budget. Many thanks to neighbors who have had us over for dinner this week.

2 comments:
Oh how exciting!! And yes, so much dust. I would love to remodel the main level of our home. Some day maybe. I'm going to live vicariously through your posts!!
We want to stop by and see how it's going! I'm so excited for your remodel!
Post a Comment