Just another update to this post, because I will never not take pictures of a child napping.
The days of me tucking her into her bed for a daily nap are over, but sleep can still happen if give her a princess show next to me on my bed while I nap (essential for me because I wake up at 3:30AM).
Notice the white "silkies" in her hands or by her face. She has her own, but constantly sneaks into my drawer and takes mine.
When she doesn't fall asleep, she sings along to the princesses and my nap dreams are peppered with the dialogue from the movies. This used to happen with the boys at this age, too. "Cars" was the soundtrack to my naps for many years.
She also fell asleep during Ben's 6th grade music program, which started at 1:15 PM.
But then she screamed when JB tried to carry her home. Does anyone have any advice in helping a 3 year old who insists "NO, MOMMY DO IT!" when she wants anything? I have to be the one to give her a sippy or read her a book or carry her, or she screams. We just give up because we don't want the screaming. But if I'm not around, she acts just fine.
It's enough to run my working-mom guilt into high extreme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Not sure that I have suggestions, but please don't guilt trip yourself. I don't think Millie's preference for you when you are home is because you are a working mom. I think it's because she loves her mommy to do those certain things! I'm not working outside of the house, but there are still things that only I can do for my children. My secretary doesn't work outside the house, but there are things that only she can do for her children. I don't think that it is a bad thing to be the go-to parent for our children in particular aspects of their lives. I think it really just is a personal preference. If our children's preferences don't align with our availability (for instance, if your arms are too tired to carry Millie, or if you need to leave the house, or you just prefer to do something else when your kids want you to do something for them), it's okay to explain that to them. And it's also okay if they don't understand right away because they are too little or too sad in the moment, etc. I think it's okay to both love and be exasperated by the sweet and aggravating things our babes do!
Post a Comment