Saturday, August 18, 2018

Island Park last day


Three moose spent about an hour and a half just walking, strolling, laying down, and otherwise hanging out RIGHT OUTSIDE the cabin. It was amazing.



Here are JB's feet in the hammock, and the brown spot is one of the Moose. That's before we came inside for safety. 


Andy is so good for my boys. He taught them the joy of making a fort in the woods, and gathering sticks, and making piles and just being a boy in the outdoors.



One last picture feeding the fish. There was a HUGE one.


This was the morning we left. The Loosles were staying on for another day or so. 







I cried a little when we hugged goodbye (even though they live just a few blocks away). I guess it was the beauty of the place. I could feel the memories going back a generation. Linda's parents are gone, but their presence and love remains as each child comes to visit with their children and grandchildren. I wish for something similar for my children -- for good memories and happiness with family.






1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So beautiful! What a fun trip. I absolutely loved the picture of all the boys up on top of the big rock.