Big brothers are the best. I found these pictures again, from the Scout Camp week in July when JB and Max were gone. We stayed at Nona and Papa's house, and Ben was the best helper with Millie.
She climbed up onto his lap when she was tired, and he rocked her in the chair until she fell asleep for a morning nap. I found them like this Monday and Tuesday when I got there after work.
Both mornings she also woke up when I left at 4 AM, and Ben rocked her back to sleep.
Then there was a day when we went to the park, and he was just loving pushing her in the swings.
He was tired both days (WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD) but I was really proud of how he stepped up.
I could also write so much about how Max is a great helper with the siblings, too. He is babysitting for us more often, and can put the little boys in bed. And for Stake Conference evening session, Max and Ben rocked Millie in her seat until she fell asleep.
Andrew at 6 just wants to make her laugh, James at 4 is starting to be more gentle but still doesn't understand his own strength. I have heard from another woman or two about being the youngest to several big brothers, and sometimes they say they were teased pretty badly, but other times they do say it was lots of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet Ben!
Post a Comment