Monday, November 23, 2015

You are getting sleepy

I was looking through my pictures file for a picture of JB and me (because 12 years!) and I realized the pictures I want are on JB's laptop (first world problems), but then I found this one from a while ago, and it reminded me that I would like some commiseration because almost 2-and-1/2-year-old James did not nap Saturday or Sunday.


Run on sentence, yes, but there it is.  At least it was on a weekend when I don't need a nap by not waking up so early for work, but JB was gone most of Saturday (because Utes) and all day Sunday (because tithing settlement bishoping) and I had to face the cranky James alone.

However, this wasn't too bad, because a) other moms do this every day all day all by themselves so I can take a weekend, and b) Jamesey has three great older patient brothers. Well, two patient older brothers and one (cough cough ANDREW) who actually helped him escape his crib because "Mom, Jamsey isn't asleep!"

James spent those afternoons rolling around like a bear cub with Andrew, and biting all his brothers. We are really working on the biting but he just won't stop! In fact he now asks for hot sauce as a pre-emptive strike against the punishment I was trying. Just a tiny drop, mind.

I was trying to remember what I did when the naps stopped for the other boys and before they were in school til 3. Max would do a quiet time with books and activities, but by Ben, I think that's when I began the afternoon movie tradition. And JB started working more from home in the afternoons, too, to help guide a wayward toddler back to naptime/quiet time and guard my napping door Or I went to bed earlier and didn't nap as long. Right now it's 2 hours afternoon, around 6 at night for me. Yawn.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

It is so sad and anxiety- causing when kids give up their naps. All the more so for you, I'm sure. Good luck!

Rachelle said...

It is so sad and anxiety- causing when kids give up their naps. All the more so for you, I'm sure. Good luck!

Brooke said...

I was hoping you had another year of napping goodness. I'm sorry!

cpace said...

I work with a few Mexican's and we joke because they keep a bottle of hot sauce in their purse and always soak whatever they are eating for lunch with it. We joke about it because they think it's pathetic I can't handle any heat. I once asked them why all Mexican's like spicy food and one said it's because when you a baby they put hot sauce on their kids food and at first they hate it but then grow to love it. So I suspect your "punishment" may produce a boy who likes spicy food