Thursday, January 2, 2014

Two weeks is a long time

I came out of the baby's room after nursing baby James this week, and saw Max and Benny in jammies and snowboots pounding on the ice in front of our driveway, happy as clams. I should have taken a picture....and I should have been sending them outside more often.

We have all been cooped up inside for this winter break from school. Besides poking/throwing stuff at brothers, the boys have been watching Harry Potter movies over and over in no particular order during their allotted TV time. I kid you not, it was 7, 2, 6, 3, 8....but not #5 because Umbridge is mean, and not #1 because that's the only one we had for a while.

The Rainbow Loom also remains popular. The older boys made a necklace I'm modeling below.


And runny noses abound on this break -- check out the snot streak from baby J on my shirt. I chase 3 yr old Andrew around with tissues before he can:
a) rub his nose onto the couch cushions
2) lick his upper lip or
iii) wipe the snot across his cheek to his ear.

When they start to wrestle I say, "OK, time to find something else different to do or I'll pick the activity!" It took just one of them asking me what I chose -- I responded, "Take a rag and wipe down the baseboards all around the house," and they scattered. Hey, it sounded like fun to me.


Max, Benny and their friend Andy and I went sledding last Saturday. On the first run down the icy slopes of the park I slammed into Benny, bowled him over, and knocked my head on the ground. I am still talking about it to whoever will listen to me, because I still feel so bad I did that to my sweet son. He got a goose egg but seems better now, but I've had light headaches every day since. Lesson learned: outside is dangerous. Stay inside and watch movies and poke your brothers.

2 comments:

cpace said...

I felt the same way today thinking how glorious winter break and summer use to be for me before kids. Now I just feel like a referee.

Rachelle said...

Fun family times!! And I love your use of a), 2), and iii). Made me smile.