Friday, January 24, 2014

Nooooo Nap!

Growing up my siblings and I used to giggle at the scene in "Honey I Blew Up the Kid" where the giant toddler screams "Nooooo Nap!" Then he hugs his giant bunny as his mommy sings a special song into a megaphone.

Tee hee, makes me giggle more now that I am a mommy.

Because I have a three-year-old who still need a nap.  But now that he's in a big boy bed, I can't exactly expect him to stay in there and sleep.  Instead, he does a quiet time -- aka watches a movie. 

My first-born had a special quiet-time box with brain-boosting (I thought) activities. This third-born has a choice between Cars ("LIGHTNING KEEN!" squeals Andrew) or Despicable Me ("PICKABLE!")

He falls asleep almost every day either on the couch while watching his motorized and/or minion friends. Orr he snoozes somewhere else in the house.  Observe:



L-R: while playing trains, while eating dinner, and just because. I think he even covered himself up with the blanket after laying down on the carpet.

Then last week JB texted to warn me that Andrew had fallen asleep in front of the door, so I'd better use the side door when I came home.


Sweet little puppy dog just needs a soft warm spot.

Now if anyone could help me figure out how to help him not cry and cry when he wakes up.  It's like he wakes up mid-Rem, or is upset he's still not sleeping.  Benny used to do the same thing so I suppose we will just get through this stage.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah what is up with kids crying after naps....my kids did it too. Another stage we have to deal with:) I still remember your posts about Andrew and trying to get him to sleep in his crib instead of your bed...and now he sleeps in a big boy bed!!!!

cpace said...

This post make me want to take a nap

Suz said...

Phin cries when he wakes up too. I think it is really hard to come back to reality. I wish we never had to give up naps. Phin and I took a three hour one yesterday and it was heaven.

Sarah Preston said...

I don't see how some of those sleeping positions are comfortable. He is growing up so fast!!

Brooke said...

I wish Cory would sleep anywhere. That poor kid has to be in his own bed. I've found that if I read him a story or let him watch a show on the iPad after he wakes, the crying subsides