Tuesday, August 20, 2013

And we're waiting

I do love baseball. The smell of the grass, the crack of the bat, the yell of the umpire. I was ob-sessed with the St Louis Cardinals as a teenager, and I am transported back to those days when I get the opportunity to go to a Bees game.

My boys are still learning to appreciate baseball. Sweet baby James slept through a few innings.



I wuv him so much, he's so cutesy-wootsey chubbsa wubbsa...what was I saying?

Oh yes.  Baseball.

JB and I have explained strikes, balls, innings, etc several times, but Max and Benny kept talking about halftime and quarters. We watch considerably more football and basketball in our house fo sho.

And despite all our efforts to get them into the game and have them watch the action (we had GREAT seats), they kept begging to ride the little train in the outfield.  So Uncle Bart took the cousins out to the line, and JB went to join them.

FIFTY-FIVE MINUTES LATER, it was finally their turn.


When I saw the picture I asked JB, "Who is the girl in the middle? Did Jane and Emily bring a friend?"  Nope -- she was a random girl who was also squeezed into their same car. And she's smiling away for JB's phone camera, too.

Must be a big baseball fan.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Look at those little cuties! Have they ever played T-ball or little league?