-We are talking more about the upcoming baby to get Andrew ready. We ask, "Where's Daddy?" "Right dere!" he'll say, etc. But when we say, "Where's the baby," Andrew points to himself:: "Right here!"
-I think he's starting to get it. Yesterday when I talked more to him about the baby in my tummy, and he said to my belly button, "Come out, baby!"
-Andrew has started to pat (shove) my tummy. He used to do it to my chest but now the tummy sticks out farther, so, there you go.
-Benny lately says he's hungry all the time. We'll have just eaten dinner, and a half-hour later he's begging me for something to eat. He would be happy to snack on the hour I think. Hobbit.
-Max loves Cafe Rio. LOVES their salad. I share mine with him and now he eats more of it than I do. It may be time to buy him his own entree.
-People set up 529 plans to save for their kids college education; I think we need a savings plan to pay for all the food to feed teenage boys based on the amount they eat right now.
-But, if we serve something new or sketchy in their eyes, they are perfectly fine to go without dinner and say they are not hungry. Their choice.
-Like for example, the Peruvian Arroz con Pollo I made for the first time last week, to feed us and to take to International night at church:
-The boys didn't like the color (c'mon, I blended cilantro and garlic
and sauteed onions!) but it did remind me of my youth so I liked it.
-That marked the first time in a long time I made a complex dish for dinner. Oh, I cook at home sometimes, but I'll do pretty easy stuff. I don't know how JB and all of you out there do it everyday, standing over a hot stove for so long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with you on the cooking over a hot stove thing. How do they do it? I'm all for simple meals! My boys are still in the toddler/hardly eat anything stage, but I know one of these days, I won't be able to keep up with them!
I love arroz con pollo!
Post a Comment