Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sick Andrew

All through the winter I kept thinking we were so lucky we didn't have any major illness in our house. While everyone around us at work, church, online etc was coming down with the flu or awful flu-like illnesses, we stayed free of it all.

In February I think we had a couple days where some of us had a 2-day case of the colon-cleansing trots (TMI?). Then there was a night when Benny threw up in the bathroom sink -- but hey, at least he made it to the sink and not the carpet or his bed! We'll work on aiming for the toilet next time. Andrew caught that bug too but was better soon.

But this week, Spring brought us a pretty sick Andrew. For three days he had a fever, barely ate, and just wanted to sleep or lay on the couch in his jammies or be held.



I think he preferred lying on JB. I'm way more curvy these days and he slides off my shrinking lap. Plus my tummy tends to kick and move and JB's doesn't.

We would coax him to drink to stay hydrated. I felt so bad for him.  But he is now perking up, and yesterday wanted waffles. Waffles it was for my boy! Even for dinner. Glad to see him back to squealing and laughing and talking and eating.

No comments: