I've kept this post in draft form and just added to it for 2 weeks. These all could be Facebook status updates, but who needs to hear from me that often? So here you go in list form.
-Max and Ben is becoming one word, as in "MaxnBen get up here!" and "MaxnBen, dinner time!"
-Why must my children insist on occupying the same space and then try to poke each other out of that space?
-Andrew loves to poke. My nose, my gum and my eye have all been poked in the last week. He poked my eye in church and I panicked that he had ruined the Lasik. They warned me about avoiding anything that could dislodge the flap for the first few weeks. After a second I realized I could still see. Panic averted.
-A fly is stuck in our kitchen. Little stinker is too fast to smack. But every summer I thank the stars above that the bugs in Utah are no where near as bad as the bugs in Missouri. Shiver. ("MaxnBen close the door when you go outside!")
-JB and I like Food Network Star this season. And I get sucked in to anything he's watching with auction, storage, barter, or lobster in it. And I'm loving So You Think You Can Dance. I so think I can dance. In my sleep.
-When I'm trying to fall asleep, I have a little trick to calm my brain down. In college I used to run a song through my head to tune out loud roommates and such: Adagio, from my Classics Go to the Movies CD from Humanities 101. That still works, but now I like to imagine cakes. Cakes with lots of frosting that I have impeccably decorated myself. Caaaakkkkeeee......
-Sometimes JB and I mentally pat ourselves on the back if we ever find an aspect of parenting we feel we are doing well. Then it turns around and smacks us in the face, mwahahahaha! Case in point: last Monday I was telling my older sister Bekah on the phone that we never have a problem with our boys getting out of bed at night. But that night and the next night we had both boys up in the middle of the night. They weren't feeling well. Weird timing, huh.
-Speaking of, Max's primary teacher told us a few weeks ago that he told her he never gets out of bed because his parents would yell at him. (What? Nervous laugh)
-Legos have seeped into every corner of our house. ("MaxnBen pick up these Legos!")
-I love recording old movies to watch on TCM and watch in bits and pieces when I have time. Except Finian's Rainbow was weird. Not you, Fred Astaire, you are perfect.
-I have been trying to put my iphone up on a shelf in the kitchen so I'm not staring at it in the afternoons around my boys. But instead, I've been sucked into amazing books. I love a page turner -- Matched, Crossed, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Thirteenth Tale. "Just one sec, MaxnBen, let me finish this chapter...."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love everything about this post. Give MaxnBen a squeeze for me. Oh, and kiss Andrews cheeks while you're at it!
This made me laugh! Finian's Rainbow is totally wierd.
Post a Comment