Friday, July 20, 2012

Pinterest and me

Pinterest makes me want to do funny things. Like buy lots of bobby pins and try elaborate updos for my hair, or sew my own striped maxi dress with a ruffle on the bottom.

Look what it made me do recently -- a watermelon cake!


UPDATE: I forgot to mention earlier that it tasted like watermelon, too.  I pureed watermelon to put inside the cake and the frosting.

It wasn't bad, but not my favorite. Probably because I like chocolate better.

And with all the fancy, do-it-yourself, elaborate holiday decorating ideas on Pinterest and on the blogs I still slog through everyday, this is all I could come up with for our whole house for the Fourth of July:


I found both in the street after our neighborhood parade. I love America.

1 comment:

cpace said...

Is that made out of watermelon or just look like one? Cute idea but I'd agree I'd probably like to cut into chocolate myself