Monday, July 30, 2012

JB is a Spudman

On Saturday JB competed in the Spudman Triathlon in Burley, Idaho. He did so great! Though I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to swim, then bike, THEN RUN. There were thousands of people there and it's a famous race and JB said it was a lot of fun, so I guess there's my answer.

We owe a big thank you to my in-laws for having our boys over for a sleepover, so that JB and I could drive up Friday night. At the check-in, they gave JB his t-shirt and a spud. It's going to taste so good.


We spent the night in Pocatello with JB's little sister Sarah and her husband Joe at their nice new place.  Then we drove back to Burley in time for JB to check on his stuff one last time, then slip into this little black number:


I took a picture of the swimmers in his heat.  He's somewhere among the orange caps.



Joe is from Burley, so he drove me and Sarah around on the back roads to several spots along the route, and we were able to cheer JB on during the bike portion.  I LOVED this, and JB said it was so great to hear us and see us along the way.  I wonder if some of the cyclists around him were like, "Hey, them again!"



After the 25 mile bike ride came the 10k run, and we saw him cross the finish line and get this medal. 


He hefted his bike with pride.

JB is thinking he may do it again next year. We may even camp out the night before. We may even take our children! Of course, talk to us next July about what really happens. But we had so much fun that it definitley is on the to-do list again.

4 comments:

Suz said...

What a stud! I like the little black number as well. Who knows maybe I will join him in the next few years.

Rachelle said...

I'm with you in the "who would want to do all that" way of thinking. I am most impressed!

Sarah said...

I love that your husband had a smile on his face on all the pictures. My husband would LOVE to do one of those races...he just has NO time to train. Maybe when the kids get older he can get back into those fun things he enjoys doing.

Cloe said...

Yay JB!!! :)