Friday, May 25, 2012

A different view

In the last month or so I cut my hair, and I got Lasik!

Here's me after coming home from the 3 hour consultation. Long hair in a ponytail, shades tucked behind my glasses to protect the pupils.




Here's me with short hair and glasses at the last soccer game of the season.




And here's me with short hair and no glasses (and no need of glasses or contacts ever again!) at work a few days after the Lasik procedure.

'
The surgery itself seems more scary than it really is.  I held on to a stuffed bunny while looking at the lasers, but it was over in a matter of seconds.  Dr Hoopes was really nice and pretty funny.

The cons:  A day of blurriness, a couple weeks of dry eyes and eyedrops on the hour, no makeup for 5 days, and some halos around lights at night. Oh, and no water sports for 2 months.  Yes, I'm sure that will be a big problem for me.

The pros:  NO GLASSES OR CONTACTS! I can see at night!  I can see in the shower! I can see my darling boys' faces so much better all the time. 

I was 20/400 before.  The next day, I was about 20/20.  I go back for a checkup at the one month, 3 month and one year mark and they say it should only get better.  I feel so so blessed.

7 comments:

Bekah said...

I love the hair! You look like a girl of 25 again! :)

PS I might get one of these puppies for Mom & Dad. They're looking for a dog to scare off deer and other varmints. What do you think?

Sarah said...

Check you out!! Love the new look!

Rachelle said...

That's awesome! I always think you look cute, but I am a fan of the new look!

autumn said...

Yay! I'm so glad it worked out for you and that you are loving it! You look gorgeous by the way! Love the hair!

Jared and Allyson said...

Fantastic! You looks so cute with that haircut and it sounds like you're loving the new vision. Jared will be jealous - he really wants to do that. I'm so happy for you!

JoLynn said...

I ADORE your hair! It makes me want to cut mine.

rosann said...

Lasik was the seriously the best money I've EVER spent!! When I sat up after having mine done I had a brief moment of perfect vision and I saw a truck out on the freeway that I would have NEVER seen before and I'll admit it - I cried! Good for you Mary!

PS Can't believe how big Andrew has gotten!!