Friday, July 15, 2011

Two wheels good, four wheels bad

1) There's a lot of bike riding on TV these days. JB is following the Tour de France, and surprisingly, Max and Ben like to watch too. They pepper him with questions: "Why do they have numbers on their backs?" "Who is that?" "What is that building?" "Who is in that car?" "Why are there so many bikes on top of that car?" "Where are they going again?" "How do they eat?" "Can I have an otterpop?"

2) JB has been kicking bum (this is a family blog) and taking names lately on his bike. He has a new road bike, and recently rode 12 miles uphill to the top of Emmigration Canyon with a group of guys from the neighborhood and our church. They also take weekly rides on trails throughout Salt Lake County.

I'm really proud of his biking prowess (and I love the way he looks). But I can't help but think, doesn't it seem like biking is the thing to do now? I've done a few stories on the radio about new trails, new laws, high bike sales, etc. I also keep hearing about more people I know going for rides or forming riding groups.

I would call it a trend, but trends come and go. I think for JB, biking is here to stay.

(Just be careful out there, honey.)

1 comment:

katie b. p. said...

I started riding my bike to work about 2 months ago. It keeps me in shape and I save lots of gas money. It is also faster then driving for me, and I would have to pay to park. I think the new thing is buying chickens. I know tons of people including my parents and a sister who have chickens.