
What would a vacation be without good food? We (including Benny above) loved Nikos Gyros in Magnolia Village.
Last time JB and I were in Seattle we ate at the Crab Pot. My siblings went one night, and another night we made our own seafood feast at my brother's house.


On the menu: shrimp cocktails, shrimp/scallops scampi, bacon-wrapped scallops, crab legs, citrus salmon and I can't remember what else. So. Good.
JB and I ate at The Totem House near the Ballard Locks. Very good fish and chips.

On our way to Seattle we stopped at Donnie Mac's Trailer Park Cuisine in Boise (we saw it on the Food Network's Diners Drive-ins and Dives).


The best part was the decor. Benny and Max and I ate in an old car on blocks in the middle of the restaurant!
(Look at Benny exploring under the table)We ate at Pizzalchik in Boise on the return trip, and at Slim's Last Chance Chili Shack in Seattle as well. Both have also been featured on the Food Network. We are food tourists, what can I say.
3 comments:
Yum-O! A well made fish and chips sounds heavenly right about now. . . drool!
I am a food tourist also. We are planning a little Fall getaway and I have researched places to eat all along the way. I love the pictures of you eating in the car. I'm sure that was Benny and Max's favorite. I can just imagine Max asking to go back to the place with the car. So fun.
Now that we have kids, Sean and I center all our vacations around the food. Its the one thing we all enjoy!
Post a Comment