While JB's brother Jeff was visiting from Arizona for our wedding season, he was so nice to bring over a bunkbed in his truck for Max and Ben. It's the same bunkbed JB used as a boy. We put it downstairs in the boys' new room. We have been preparing them for a while that this was going to happen. I'm glad we could do this well before the baby comes, because the baby will occupy the room across the hall from us.
Anyway, the day Jeff brought the bunkbed and helped set it up was one of joy and rapture! The boys climbed all over it, chattered all about it, etc. But (and there's always a but) that night, there the trepidation came. Max was quite worried about sleeping on the top.
So we put them together on the floor to at least get used to the new room.
So peaceful.
Now they still sleep together, but they've made it on the bunkbed. They sleep on the bottom bunk feet to feet, like the grandparents on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I hope Max or Ben will try the top bunk before they get much taller!
2 comments:
That's awesome. I loved our bunkbeds.
I am so happy those bunk beds are getting more use!
Post a Comment