Monday, April 19, 2010

A running man

JB did the Salt Lake half-marathon on Saturday. Stud. Crazy though. Here he is with our neighbor and friend, Roger.
We were able to walk a block from our front door and watch the thousands of marathoners and half-marathoners go by. We were about 5 miles into the race. Max and Benny loved watching everybody, including it seemed like a third of our church ward.

We even spotted Aunt Suzanne, but she was too fast for a picture. She blogged about it here. Aunt Collette also ran, even with an old injury -- she's incredible. Read her version of the day here. We missed seeing Autumn at the finish line, mainly because we were boxed in by the race route and couldn't drive anywhere. JB says he wasn't too sore the next day. He's quite tough, and he got ice and a massage right away near the finish line.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

What was his time? Anthony's this year was 2:04

McInnes Family said...

That's so awesome. Congrats JB! I dream of someday completing some kind of a race. It's seems so far away at this point :) The childrens museum looks like a blast. I have always wanted to take the boys there. Maybe oneday we can all meet up and go there and then do dinner!

Rachelle said...

Way to go JB!

Joe and Raquel Ross said...

hey this isnt the right blog to comment on but I didnt know how else to tell you thanks for the hat it is so cute I love it. Whats crazy is the day before joe and I went to 3 differnt stores trying to find a hat that would fit a baby and couldnt find one and than the next day in the mail I get one collete mailed it to me I guess she forgot it when she came down but that was so thoughtful thank you!

JoLynn said...

Roger had such a great time...thanks for invited him.