Ever wonder how often you use your left ring finger? Well, so far typing this post I've used it 7 times. 8. It's used for the w, s, and x keys for example. I'm paying more attention to this now because I smushed that particular finger pretty badly yesterday.
How did I smush said finger? I was on a walk with Max and Ben (ouch there on the x key). Max on his bike, Benny in the wagon. We wandered over 2 streets to drop off a thank you card to good friends, then up that street to loop over and come back home.
We paused in front of a home in our neighborhood that has 3 darling children around my children's ages. Those children were peering outside their window, saw us, and came pouring out of the house.
Joy! Rapture! Fun times!
Next thing I know Max and Benny are playing with their friends' toys and vowing never to leave. Benny started to melt down (full-on, on the floor sobbing) when I tried to coax them away. This was almost dinner time after all. Noah spots Max's bike and wants to race. The garage door rolls up -- and Max and Benny spot a cool riding toy inside. I quickly went to roll down the garage door so as to avoid a tricky conversation about why we couldn't take the toy home with us, when, smush! My two finger tips got caught.
JB likes to tease me about my low pain threshold. It took all my powers and prayers to cooly and calmly lift the door again, free my fingers and make sure no one noticed. I didn't want them to worry or freak out. But it hurt!
The middle one is much better today. But I think my fingernails may turn some interesting colors soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Smushed in the seam between the garage door panels? Ouch!! I'm impressed that you didn't freak out and start crying. I would have. Poor Mary :(
Owie - did you get the boys to "kiss it better"?
Oooo - I cringe just imagining the pain.
I know the feeling of keeping the agony in so neighbors don't notice. I once slipped on a pad of ice walking up to a neighbor's door. And it was a cartoon, banana peel type of fall. Hard. I was so embarassed, trying to act like it didn't hurt....just in case some one saw.
OOuuch! It's crazy how much you forget how important your fingers can be until they are hurt :) You're so brave to hold it in!!
I love the cute flowers you made for your sisters. You are too creative!!
Post a Comment