Saturday, December 5, 2009

A gift of BBQ?


Here are JB and our friend Tim, holding their Thanksgiving creations. One deep-fried, one smoked bird. Very very good stuff. Max loved our dinner guests too.

I know it's a very late post for Thanksgiving but it brings me to my current thought -- should we give the gift of BBQ this year? We want to get our holiday neighbor gifts out soon, but can't decide what to give.

Here are the thoughts I had:

a) JB's homemade BBQ sauce or BBQ rub in a jar
b) Cookies
c) Homemade jam (courtesy of JB's mom)
d) Soap
e) Peppermint bark or other candy

I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Except for the soap.


3 comments:

Jacks said...

Go with the barbecue gift. More personal, and unique. No one else will be giving BBQ sauce/rub to neighbors. Awesome idea!

Rachelle said...

You can't go wrong with any of those ideas - maybe give soap to friends/neighbors who are watching their weight or who have special diets and yumminess to the others?

JoLynn said...

I think the sauce would be great, but we LOVVVED the peppermint bark.