Thursday, November 19, 2009

A reward that's just too good

In order to persuade Max to take his antibiotics morning and night for 10 days, we made up a reward chart like last time he had an ear infection and when he potty-trained. The above Mac toy from the "Cars" movie is perched on top of the fridge, waiting for him to fill his sticker chart.

It's helping Max but it's torturing Benny. "Momma look! Up high! Can't reach!" He doesn't get it. He wants it now! They LOVE the movie and would watch it every day. I may have to get him a prize too, though I was hoping to wait until his birthday around 2 weeks from now.

Good news is Max's ear doesn't hurt him any more. That first day of pain he would say "My brain hurts" or "My head hurts," and he would actually get mad at me when I referred to his ear. "No mom, it's my head!"

2 comments:

The Joe said...

His birthday isn't that long after the 10 days is up. You could have an early birthday maybe?

And I don't think any reward woulda made me happy to take our antibiotics. Ah the dreaded antiplague. Shudder.

Sarah said...

It seems rewards work for Abigail too. He is getting a very good reward.