Monday, August 3, 2009

The big 3-0

I've been 30 for more than a week now, and, thanks to some practice before the big day, I don't squirm too much when thinking about my new decade.

I tried out the feel of saying "I'm 30" for a few weeks before my birthday. I said it to my family, the teens at church, people at work, people on the phone, grocery clerks. This may ahave made the age feel less weird to me but probably made me look a little weird.

Here I am showing off my cake with my crown left on my decorated porch by a good friend.

Max snuck into the picture in the corner. You guess what he's doing.

2 comments:

Heidi Meadows said...

Congrats on turning 30, and welcome to the club! Actually, I'm 31... But I digress. Yes, I'm engaged, and if you give me your address, I would love to send you an invitation!

Angelle said...

Welcome to the 30's! Its not so bad, right? However, I still don't enjoy saying "thiry" after 8 months of practice.I have always found comfort in having an older husband who has been in his 30's for a long while. That way when I think about feeling old, I can say at least I'm not as old as my husband, THAT'S old!