Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cozy

We all cuddle up for a self-portrait on Max's bed for a sippy-break.

When I was younger I used to want a really big house. My mom laughed, muahahahah. "Who would clean it?" Then she'd say, "Besides, it really only matters to have a big kitchen or big room attached to the kitchen. Because where mom is, the kids are."
Lately we've been watching "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC. They just bought a bigger house. Kate said it would give the kids plenty of room to be wherever they wanted and not always in her room or crowded in the same space. So now I laugh, muahahahaha.
Unless her kids are different than mine, I bet those six 4-year-olds will crowd her the same as they did in the smaller house. This is because wherever I am, my kids are. They magically stick to my legs if I start cooking. They find my hiding spots for phone conversations. They follow me from room to room.
As I type this, Max is showing me something and demanding I look, Ben is at my ankles saying "Down! Down!" (which really means he wants to be picked up). Now they both want more milk. I think I hear my mom laughing.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

John and Kate Plus 8 is one of my secret favorite shows. I have no idea what the appeal is. (Except maybe I am in love with those toddlers and may or may not want to steal one. Or the older girls, I love them too.)

Carole said...

Whats this I see? A U of U red shirt on Max....but what exactly is that shirt that Ben is wearing?
hmmmm......I did not know that color was allowed in the house!
(I know when I was going to BYU that was the BYU blue and I will always remember it as such!)

JoLynn said...

Katie totally wants a bigger house, but this is one area where bigger really isn't better. I've learned that if I had a house like my parents(big)I wouldn't have enough time & energy to clean it! No way...smaller is better for us.

Mary said...

Alyssa -- I would take Cara among the older girls, and maybe Joel among the younger ones. But all of them are so cute.

Carole -- I like the shirt because it brings out Ben's blue eyes. Now I like it more, because it IS the old BYU blue!! Hee hee

JoLynn -- It's a sad reality, isn't it. Big dreams squashed by cleaning truths.