Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Memory Lane

20 years ago .... 1988
1. I was almost 9 years old, and the second oldest of 7 children in the family.
2. We moved to Maryland after years of living overseas for my dad’s job
3. I loved my pink bike, and transitioned from my Popple (remember those?) and Cabbage Patch doll to Barbies

10 years ago ... 1998
1. I was almost 19 years old, and the second oldest of almost 12 children (the last, Sarah, was born in 1999)
2. My family was in Missouri, and I was at BYU, applying to the Broadcast Journalism program and for a study abroad in Madrid (I made it into both)
3. I lived just a block away from the shoe store JB owned in Provo at the time, but we never met


5 years ago ... 2003
1. I was almost 24, and was living with my best friend Autumn downtown (we had so much fun)
2. I was promoted to full-time radio reporter
3. I officially met JB early in the year at a BBQ, and we got married November 14!

1 year ago ... 2007
1. JB and I went on a Caribbean cruise in March
2. Maxwell turned 2 in July
3. Benjamin was born December 6
4. My brother Peter returned from a mission in August, my brother Michael and wife Bethany had a baby boy, Nathanael, in April (after my little brother Enoch Nathanel who passed away in 2006)

So far this year ... 2008
1. I returned to the radio station full-time and added a new show
2. Ben is teething
3. Max is potty-training (#s 2 and 3 don’t go so well sometimes)
4. JB’s little brother returned from a mission, his sister Sarah got married, I flew out to see my sister Bekah get her MBA all in the month of May

Yesterday...June 24th
1. I voted (Max kept the sticker) and took the boys on a walk
2. I got part of a nap when Max and Ben overlapped naps
3. JB made yummy breakfast burritos for dinner
4. I started reading The Geography of Bliss and was in bed at 8 PM

Today ... June 25th
1. I woke up at 3:30 AM (this is normal for my job)
2. I will put both boys down at the same time for naps
3. We’ll all go on our almost-daily walk around the park
4. I will make cookies to take with me to Young Women tonight

Tomorrow ... June 26th
1. Same early alarm and nap goal
2. I will watch “So You Think You Can Dance” on my DVR
3. I will make more cookies to take with me to the kick-off of Stake Youth Conference

Next year ... 2009
1. I will turn 30
2. I have high hopes Max will be potty-trained and Ben will be done teething
3. I would love to take a fun trip with the family

5 comments:

Jacks said...

This is fascinating. How quickly life changes. And I cannot believe that you were only 19 in 1998. I'm so old...

Jenny Richards said...

that was interesting. It made me want to do it too. If it makes you feel better Skyler is leaving work (on a good day) when you are getting up. Then he gets up at 9:00 and goes to work again. I really want to do that now!!

autumn said...

Those were the days...seriously. Lots of sleeping in...whatever that is.

Lexie said...

Mary,
Sorry, your blog was bookmarked on our computer that had TROUBLE! Anyway, it was so fun to catch up. Your boys are just so adorable and I LOVE your new haircut. It was fun to hear your memories and think that just shy of 10 years ago, we were roommates, crazy how the time flies, isn't it? What was the name of the shoe store JB owned? That is VERY cool!

Mary said...

JB owned "Sports Shoes Etc" by the Jamba Juice, Great Harvest and that one burger place that offered charbroiled burgers. Last time I was there, the store was now "I Do Weddings."