Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A busy, fun weekend

On Friday night we had friends and their two boys over for dinner. Their older boy is also named Max, so both boys kept turning when a parent called. We posed Max (aka Buzz) with Porter and our Max with Ben.
I'm realizing that Ben hangs out in his jammies a lot. I think we used to do it to keep him warm; now I think it's a comfort thing. It's also hard to get a lot of people dressed every day!
On Saturday we went to Idaho for JB's sister Sarah and her new husband Joe's open house. On the way we stopped at the Burger Bar in Roy, soon-to-be featured on the Food Network. It's famous for the Big Ben Burger, so we took a picture with our Big Ben.
Apparently I got sunburned because at church on Sunday people kept commenting on the back of my neck. We had fun at the Burley Stake Center, where Max thought the area under the stage was his new house.
Later all he and cousin Emily wanted to do were eat chocolates on the stage with their Aunt Suzanne. They were like baby birds in a nest with mouths wide open.
Ben loved hanging out high up.Look at this big smile even though he just spit up all over his shirt and my dress.

I didn't get to mingle much with any body there though. It seems once you have children you spend most of the time keeping them clean, occupied, quiet and safe when you go anywhere. But we had a really nice time.

2 comments:

Heather and Adam Parry said...

How fun, Burley huh. Our sister in law is from Burley. Do you know the Wilson's?

Mary said...

No, Sarah's husband is from Burley and we were there for the first time for the open house. Burley is quite nice!