Sunday, May 28, 2023

Women's Conference and Mother's Day

I was assigned to be one of the main Church News writers for BYU Women's Conference in early May, so I went down every day and stayed busy with articles -- but I was glad I also had time to go to lunch with these two darling sisters, Autumn and Jasmine, and I laughed and laughed and talked and talked.


I ended up in an album for one of the speakers in a session I wrote about.




I had some pinch me moments when I was sitting on the floor of the Marriott Center watching some of our Church leaders give their talks. They poured so much time and prayer into their messages. And I knew from my trip to Europe with Irene Caso of Church communications how much she was working on her keynote address.

Mother's Day was so sweet. JB is always so thoughtful in bringing breakfast and sweet gifts with the kids. Max gave me a candle and gift card. Everyone wanted a sniff. 


Before church started, JB took these photos. It looks like I am shrinking as my children grow! My heart is just so full of each of them, they are each so funny, smart, clever and cute.



Max took one with me and I fought down some tears about how he will be leaving us soon. We have a few more months til his mission.


JB bought this delicious cake from Costco and invited his parents over for dinner. I am so grateful we live close to John and Pauline! I learn so much from my mother-in-law and love talking to her.


I was also really glad for the chance to FaceTime with my mom. I was outside with her while the kids ran around in what really was a beautiful evening.

No comments: