Saturday, July 23, 2022

Fourth of July

We love the Fourth of July. What a great country we live in, where we are free to worship, think and speak, and where we all have the ability to become whatever we want to be. 

This picture below is the dessert we made for Sunday, July 3 -- a sugar cookie flag but the blueberry juice was quickly filling the stars area with purple! 



That night, I went to Provo to cover Elder Uchtdorf's speech at the Freedom Festival in BYU's Marriott Center. It was a beautiful talk about citizenship in God's kingdom being mankind's highest hope. I was up late finishing the story and getting it published for the Church News.

On Monday morning, our neighborhood bike parade was a hit again. 



JB and Max and Ben and I all watched from the curb.


Here come our bikers.



Afterward were some games and activities with prizes.



And then JB drove Max and Ben down to FSY at BYU! This was their first For the Strength of Youth conference and they absolutely loved the whole week. 10/10 would recommend for any teenager to go.






No comments: