Tuesday, June 14, was the yearly free day at This is the Place Heritage State Park. I worked more in the morning and evening and took time in the middle of the day and took Andrew, James and Millie. It's not far from our house.
I tried to explain to the kids the significance of the spot -- there's a small historical marker where it is believed Brigham Young looked up out of his wagon in July 1847 and said, "This is the right place. Drive on." Now there's a big monument there and so many things to do.
We rode on the big train...
And the little train...
There are historical cabins and homes and blacksmith shop and mill and school and on and on, but I think the favorite spot was with the goats and sheep.
Millie was the right height to ride a horse around in a circle, and was quite patient during the wait in line.
Then we met Suzanne and the cousins. Andrew loves baby Lou as much as he loves baby goats.

No comments:
Post a Comment