Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Three young men

In January, Andrew joined the Church's young men organization and became a deacon!  He gets almost a full year more of these experiences because of his December birthday.

Here is the day when he was ordained.





Then on January 26, he was able to go to the temple for the first time when our ward youth went to Bountiful. We tried to tell him a little about what to expect when doing baptisms, and I was glad Max and Ben were there with him. He said he felt really good.


Appointments are hard to get, so we were happy to hear the YW had an appointment for this morning. These three left for the Jordan River Temple at 5:30AM (it's been since October 31 that I have seen that time of the morning, my last day on the radio). They were back in time to change and eat breakfast before school

Andrew has passed the sacrament a few times now, and I appreciate his reverence and willingness. His first time, I was giving a talk so I was sitting on the stand, and I watched him through the whole room and felt so proud.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So sweet!! I remember doing baptisms very early in the morning as a freshman at BYU. A hall-mate and I would walk up to the Provo temple from Helaman halls when it was dark and cold. Reading about this special day for your boys brings back to d memories!