Monday, May 17, 2021

Larry and Little Blue John canonyeering

 JB was able to go with his backpacking buddies on a trip this week to Larry Canyon and Little Blue John Canyon in eastern Wayne County, Utah.  He has gone on various adventures with this group for many years, and I was glad they got a trip together this spring. It's good for him! 

Did you know, Butch Cassidy and his gang used to hide out in these canyons? They are called the Robbers Roost area.

Also, Aaron Ralston was in the lower section of one of those canyons, when he got stuck and lost his arm.

I'm just glad I didn't see the heights myself up close.







These were some very narrow slot canyons!




And they found a friend (Travis loves lizards and frogs)


For those two nights, I stayed up late and slept in the middle of the bed and tried to cook. We were glad to have him back again!


No comments: