Friday, August 9, 2019

40

Any time someone turns a new decade, I'll say, "10 new yards! Move the chains for a fresh set of downs."  

Nobody said it to me when I turned 40.... 

At any rate, I kind of spent all of 39 expecting it would come, and I feel like I cheated that 9 out of a full appreciation.



I don't feel any different now, although I had one co-worker with lots of experience tell me that from now on, it's going to be harder to fight the body's changes, ya know? Like, invest in face cream, really fight to keep the weight off...  I just kind of stared at him.  oooookkkkaaayyyy


The day before was Pioneer Day and I was off work so we went to Lagoon A Beach water park.



That night I posed in a new Jazz 40 t shirt (they moved to SLC in 1979) with my children. They are going to keep me young. Other 40 year old women have missionaries out or at least all their kids well established into school. But I've still got one in diapers.


On my birthday, my in-laws invited us over for dinner and DELICIOUS cake JB made. He uses lots of butter and eggs like a good man.




My dad said when Robert D. Hales was my age, LeGrand Richards said to him, "Oh, to be 40, and have your whole life before you!"

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Happy, happy birthday!!! I feel a little robbed out of the birthday kiss picture. Pretty please have JB and Millie give you a kiss in front of the camera?! And, speaking of feeling robbed - "10 new yards! Move the chains for a fresh set of downs!!!" May the next 10 yards be thrilling. <3