I praise the heavens that this summer's session of swim lessons went so much better than the last time we tried this. James clung to me tearfully each time, and Andrew kinda did what he was supposed to but was worried about his ear a lot.
Maybe it's because I got in the pool each time nearby, maybe it's because Andrew's ear healed, or these boys are older, maybe it was their awesome teacher. But they now at least passed the first level and can jump in and dunk under and hold their breath and kinda float.
Who is under those towels?
Peek-a-boo!
Millie and I would spend the time in the shallow water playing while the boys were in their lesson.
I find it funny that even on the last day of lessons, I still had to remind them of the specific steps for getting ready again. "Take off your swimsuit DON'T DROP IT ON THE FLOOR Now start the shower Now get in the shower DON'T DROP YOUR TOWEL ON THE FLOOR Use soap Now dry off DON'T DROP YOUR TOWEL ON THE FLOOR Now get dressed Underwear first Don't forget your shoes I'm getting your sister dressed DON'T OPEN THE DOOR YET" etc


1 comment:
You know those parenting rite of passage moments? Sleeping through the night, out of diapers, in school, old enough to babysit siblings, old enough to drive, etc.? Being safe in the water is TOTALLY on my list! I think it was more of a relief to have all my kids safe in water than it was to sleep through the night, be done with diapers, or have everyone in school! (I do love the babysit siblings/drive rites of passage more than being able to swim, though. Those two are parenting game changers!!!) So glad you had an easier time of it this year, and best of luck going forward!
Post a Comment